Once again you can pick up your Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes from Michele Mork at the West Coast Reflexology studio.
Operation Christmas Child is an opportunity to provide a shoebox full of Christmas gifts and toiletries for children in need around the world. The fundraiser is organized by Samaritan’s Purse.
Anyone can participate. Here’s how:
- Shoebox: Get a standard size shoebox to pack for a boy or girl (or pick one u from Michele)
- “Wow” Item: Select a quality “wow” to such as a doll, soccer ball with pump, or stuffed animal.
- Other gifts: Pack your box or boxes full with other fun toys, hygiene items and school supplies
- Label & Personalize: Be sure to label whether you packed the box for a girl or boy and what age range (i.e. 2-4, 5-9, 10-14). Feel free to include a personal note and photo in the shoebox
- Include $10 Donation: Donate online, or by cheque or cash donation. Please make one combined donation for multiple shoeboxes. Tax-Deductible receipts will be issued for donations fo $20 or more (donations help with shipping costs)
- Drop off: Take you shoebox to a local drop off location during National Collection Week November 12-18, 2018. To find a drop off location near you click here: https://www.samaritanspurse.ca/collection-center/
Please DO NOT include in your shoebox any of the following items: Candy, toothpaste, used or damaged items, war-related items such as toy guns, knives or military figures, chocolate or food, fruit rolls or other fruit snacks, drink mixes (powdered or liquid), liquids or lotions, medications or vitamins, breakable items such as snow globes or glass containers, aerosol cans.
It’s also a good idea to remove anything that might be considered garbage or excess waste when opening the packages (i.e. excess wrapping or or plastic/paper packaging) as many countries may have limited options for waste removal.
Give the gift of health and wellness to a loved one this holiday season. West Coast Reflexology Gift Certificates are available for purchase (anytime).
If you would like a Gift Certificate for the holiday season, be sure to order yours ASAP as Christmas is fast approaching.
To purchase your gift certificate email me at email@example.com. Be sure to let me know the name of the person you are ordering the certificate for, what treatment you would like to provide (or how much you want to spend) and who the certificate should be identified as being from. I can email you a certificate to print off yourself from home, or you can arrange to pick one up directly from me.
Just a reminder that the deadline to drop off your Operation Christmas Child shoebox full of toys and hygiene products is this Sunday November 19, 2017. The Victoria Alliance Church is a Collection Centre (1792 Townley) for the shoe boxes.
You can also go online and find other drop off locations in the Victoria area at: https://www.samaritanspurse.ca/collection-center. (Note: Not all locations will be open this weekend).
If you didn’t have time to pack a shoebox you can still contribute to the program by making a donation online at: https://www.samaritanspurse.ca/wh…/operation-christmas-child.
Bisia Belina of Quadra Massage Therapy Clinic and SoundBody Studio (I share studio space with Bisia at 1608 Camosun) is putting on a VocalBody Arts multi-media performance called: Sound is a Wave on November 17 & 18, 2017. Tickets are on sale at Ticket Rocket.
Please join me in checking out this awesome show. It promises to be unlike any performance you have seen before.
Bisia and students of SoundBody Studio will be presenting a voice, movement, light, and sound performance that explores the themes inherent in waves of sound and water. The multi-media delivery of the story helps audience members experience the spectacle presented by 10 performers in nine compositions. The performance is 90 minutes long with an intermission.
Guests please provide their own reusable containers for drinking water during the performance.
Tickets are $30 in advance and $32 at the door. Children 12 and under are free. Go to Ticket Rocket to purchase your tickets now.
To learn more about Bisia Belina, SoundBody Studio and the Sound is a Wave performance go to: soundbodystudio.ca.
This year I am supporting Operation Christmas Child. If you haven’t heard of this program yet, it is supported by a non-profit organization called Samaritan’s Purse International Relief Canada. Shoeboxes are filled with small gifts, toys and hygiene products and sent around the world to children in need.
If you would like to participate in this program you can go online to learn more or donate directly to the program at: samaritanspurse.ca/pack-a-shoebox.
I will also be handing out and collecting shoeboxes for anyone that is interested in joining me bringing the gift of love and joy to a child in another country this holiday season.
National Shoebox Collection Week is November 13-19, 2017. (So be sure to get your empty shoe box ASAP and start filling it to return to me the week of November 13th!)
The Steps to pack a shoe box are really quite simple:
- Get a shoebox
- Decide whether you are packing a box for a girl or boy and what age grouping they would fall into (2-4; 5-9; 10-14 years of age). Be sure to label the box accordingly. (labels are available online)
- Fill it with gifts.
- Make a minimum suggested donation of $10 to Samaritans Purse to help cover the costs of shipping the shoebox (this is an optional but very helpful step!)
- Drop-off your shoe box at a local collection centre (My Studio!)
You can find out more information about what to pack and what NOT to pack online at: samaritanspurse.ca/suggested-gifts. Things like candy, toothpaste, liquids war-related toys, foods, medications or breakables CANNOT be included.
If you are interested in participating in this program feel free to contact me directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 250.920.8687 or let me know when you come to the studio for your treatment.