Once again you can pick up your Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes from Michele Mork at the West Coast Reflexology studio.
Anyone can participate. Here’s how:
- Shoebox: Get a standard size shoebox to pack for a boy or girl (or pick one u from Michele)
- “Wow” Item: Select a quality “wow” to such as a doll, soccer ball with pump, or stuffed animal.
- Other gifts: Pack your box or boxes full with other fun toys, hygiene items and school supplies
- Label & Personalize: Be sure to label whether you packed the box for a girl or boy and what age range (i.e. 2-4, 5-9, 10-14). Feel free to include a personal note and photo in the shoebox
- Include $10 Donation: Donate online, or by cheque or cash donation. Please make one combined donation for multiple shoeboxes. Tax-Deductible receipts will be issued for donations fo $20 or more (donations help with shipping costs)
- Drop off: Take you shoebox to a local drop off location during National Collection Week November 12-18, 2018. To find a drop off location near you click here: https://www.samaritanspurse.ca/collection-center/
Please DO NOT include in your shoebox any of the following items: Candy, toothpaste, used or damaged items, war-related items such as toy guns, knives or military figures, chocolate or food, fruit rolls or other fruit snacks, drink mixes (powdered or liquid), liquids or lotions, medications or vitamins, breakable items such as snow globes or glass containers, aerosol cans.
It’s also a good idea to remove anything that might be considered garbage or excess waste when opening the packages (i.e. excess wrapping or or plastic/paper packaging) as many countries may have limited options for waste removal.